Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful For Daughter Number One

Today when I got home from work my oldest daughter pulled into the drive behind me.  She made the drive up today to help with the baking and prep work for tomorrows dinner.  I am truly thankful.

 
We baked a Cherry Crumble Pie from the Farm Chicks in the Kitchen cookbook, the Skillet Caramel Apple Pie from Pots and Pins blog, cream cheese frosted pumpkin cupcakes from Elizardbreath Speaks, my best friends banana bread recipe and there was a pumpkin pie in the oven when I took the next picture.
We also made some dips and chopped up the ingredients for the dressing.   It was wonderful to have the extra set of hands.  Hubs ordered us pizza and we tasted the cupcakes, so yummy, while watching a movie.  Up early to get the bird in the oven.  Blessings!

4 comments:

Lorilee said...

Yummy stuff happening in your kitchen. Wish I had a daughter to help! My hubby helped me this evening after he got home from work.
Blessings,
Lorilee

Holly said...

What a special day for you to enjoy with your daughter! Love the pie in the skillet...everything looks so yummy!! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Bee Lady said...

What a blessing that your daughter came to help. Sounds like there is going to be a lot of yummy desserts. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Also, THANK YOU for the idea...to plant paperwhites. I used to do that all the time...Paperwhites and hyacinths..I have a lot of hyacinth vases (the kind with the skinny neck. I'm going to get them out this weekend. What a great idea to help brighten the season.

Happy Thanksgiving
Cindy Bee

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

Your daughter is so helpful. Don't we love em? These are memories in the making.