Thursday, November 3, 2011

A is for Afghan Number Six

I have decided to join in a weekly party over at Jenny Matlock's.  It is called Alphabe- Thursday and each week you link up a post with a subject that starts with the current weeks letter.  I have not played the last couple of rounds because I was having a tough time thinking of something each week to share.  This time I have decided to go with a theme.  Hubs and I are usually busy working on one or more projects so I am going to share a project that is in process or a project that one of us has just finished.  This may actually get me moving a little quicker on a couple of unfinished projects. 
This week I am sharing the start of the sixth afghan I have made this year, one for each of the grands birthdays.  This one is for one of the boys.
I started a different pattern with these same yarns last week and did not like how it was turning out.  So I tore it out and decided to make another Navajo afghan like I made for one of the older boys.
Last April for brother number two.
The color scheme is different and I still need to get one more color of yarn so I can continue.  I hope you will go check out the Alphabe-Thursday party and maybe even join in because this is week one.

Jenny Matlock

I also wanted to mention tonight that you will probably be seeing a lot more of me this month.  November is National Blog Posting Month and I signed up with NaBloPoMo to post every day of the month. 
The weekend is just around the corner!  Blessings to all from our home in the woods.

6 comments:

Bee Lady said...

That afghan is beautiful! Very manly looking. I love that pattern.

Cindy Bee

Susan Anderson said...

Good luck with your blogging goal. The afghans are great!

=)

Visits With Mary said...

Hello Brenda, just stopped by from Alphabe-Thursday, so glad you're joining in. I came in late on the last round, this is my first from the start. Love your afghans, and really love your chickens! That is the neatest coop. Have you visited Paula (the chicken lady) at Fraker Farms, you would probably enjoy her blog. So glad to meet you, I'm your newest follower...See you again soon..))smiles))

anitamombanita said...

Lovely afghan. And good luck with the blogorama! I'm nearing the end of a 365 project...it's been great but definitely challenging on the time management side of things...

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

The Navajo Afghan is just beautiful. You have a wonderful talent.
Dana

Jenny said...

What a gorgeous color scheme! I love your goal here! I always find antyhing that makes me focus to be a good thing!

And your boys will be so lucky to have these!

Can't wait to see more of your projects!

Thanks for linking up.

A+