Thursday, November 10, 2011

B is for Block

I recently bought a pattern to use for a wall hanging in my craft/sewing area.  I pulled the fabrics out a couple of days ago and got started.
Mary Englebreit Fabric
The pattern on the left is the one I am using for this project.
 Quilt blocks finished so far:

The smaller block will have the embroidery in the center.  The larger block is the first star  I have put together.  There are a couple spots I would like to have done better but I am going to accept it and move on.  I forgot to square it up before I took the picture.  The light background fabric is not part of Mary Englebreit's fabric line.  Thank you for stopping in for the Aphabe-Thursday party over at Jenny Matlocks.
Jenny Matlock

Have a wonderful evening.   Blessings to you!

11 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Looking great so far! :o) I just love colorful ME fabrics!

Betty said...

It looks good to me. I'm afraid I'd never have the patience to quilt. I'm an instant gratification kind of person, so I really admire the work that quilters do.

To the Toy Box and Beyond said...

looks good I wish I was creative

Steph said...

Lovely. Those ME fabrics are so pretty and just right for a blooming quilting project. I so admire ladies who can create such beautiful things.

Bee Lady said...

That is going to be a nice wallhanging. Those fabrics are fun!

Cindy Bee

Judie said...

More power to you! I wish I had the patience to quilt, but sadly I don't.

Pat said...

Liking your selection of fabrics for the blocks...the yellow really makes it sing...

Visiting from Alphabe-Thursday and hope you will drop by.

Pondside said...

How pretty! I didn't know that ME had a fabric line - I don't think it's carried up here.

anitamombanita said...

I always admire talented and ambitious quilters. If it's anything more than a bunch of squares, it's too complicated for lazy me. heehee

I missed the posting deadline for Alphabe-Thursday this week...feel free to stop by, tho... :)

Visits With Mary said...

Very pretty fabric, will make a great block..

Jenny said...

Oh, this is soooo neat! Love this!

These fabrics are so happy!

Thanks for a beautiful post!

A+