Thursday, November 10, 2011

B is for Block

I recently bought a pattern to use for a wall hanging in my craft/sewing area.  I pulled the fabrics out a couple of days ago and got started.
Mary Englebreit Fabric
The pattern on the left is the one I am using for this project.
 Quilt blocks finished so far:

The smaller block will have the embroidery in the center.  The larger block is the first star  I have put together.  There are a couple spots I would like to have done better but I am going to accept it and move on.  I forgot to square it up before I took the picture.  The light background fabric is not part of Mary Englebreit's fabric line.  Thank you for stopping in for the Aphabe-Thursday party over at Jenny Matlocks.
Jenny Matlock

Have a wonderful evening.   Blessings to you!

11 comments:

Kelli said...

Looking great so far! :o) I just love colorful ME fabrics!

Betty (picture circa 1951) said...

It looks good to me. I'm afraid I'd never have the patience to quilt. I'm an instant gratification kind of person, so I really admire the work that quilters do.

beckyp said...

looks good I wish I was creative

Steph said...

Lovely. Those ME fabrics are so pretty and just right for a blooming quilting project. I so admire ladies who can create such beautiful things.

Bee Lady said...

That is going to be a nice wallhanging. Those fabrics are fun!

Cindy Bee

Judie said...

More power to you! I wish I had the patience to quilt, but sadly I don't.

taylorsoutback said...

Liking your selection of fabrics for the blocks...the yellow really makes it sing...

Visiting from Alphabe-Thursday and hope you will drop by.

Pondside said...

How pretty! I didn't know that ME had a fabric line - I don't think it's carried up here.

anitamombanita said...

I always admire talented and ambitious quilters. If it's anything more than a bunch of squares, it's too complicated for lazy me. heehee

I missed the posting deadline for Alphabe-Thursday this week...feel free to stop by, tho... :)

Mary said...

Very pretty fabric, will make a great block..

Jenny said...

Oh, this is soooo neat! Love this!

These fabrics are so happy!

Thanks for a beautiful post!

A+