Wednesday, November 16, 2011

It Starts

It is official, my holiday decorating has started.  It started this evening when I came home with some new snow for my winter village.  Last year I put it on top of my kitchen cabinets minus the snow.   Decided to add the snow back into the scene this year.
I was hanging over the step ladder to take these pictures, they are a little wonky.
 Not sure how the felt hanging over the edge will work when I want to get into these cabinets.  I taped it up under the snow so I can just pull it off if it becomes too much of a bother.  It is about a week earlier then I normally start pulling things out but I just was wanting a little twinkle in the dark.  It started getting colder today and it feels like it might snow soon.  I think that is what put me in the mood to start the holiday decorating. 
Good night and blessings from our home in the woods.

2 comments:

Anke said...

Your village looks so pretty a lit up and with the snow. I have a (according to my hubby, way too big) Santa collection and I might have to get some snow to display them this year. I really like how it looks on top of your cabinets.

Camille said...

I love the lighted villages. So pretty. Haven't started my decorating yet. Some people in our nighborhood have their trees up already.