Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday Doings

The day started off slow.  Had coffee with hubs, talked on the phone with my best friend and then with one of my daughters both conversations were very enjoyable.  Then I had to do the dreaded job of grocery shopping.  Since I am buying more produce I had to drive further to shop because the produce at our local small town grocery has been going bad rather quickly. 

I do have one finish to share.  A couple of winters ago I participated in a mystery crochet along that was being held on an Internet group.  I ended up with a caplet that I was going to send to hubs grandmother that was in a nursing home at the time.  She passed away before I got it sent to her so it has been stuffed in the closet that I just cleaned out this week.  I washed it and added a button to it, now I just need to find a home for it.
I also pressed all the fabric I plan on using on the next border around THE quilt.  I am using what I have left from the butterfly appliques and I bought some fat quarters to add more golden yellows to it.  I'll be measuring and cutting tomorrow.

 I have another recipe to share with you from the Light Cooking cook book.  Hubs made burgers for us this evening.  Beef for him and a turkey burger for me.  I made this light potato salad made with nonfat yogurt.  It really was good and hubs liked it also.
My plate with one of those new skinny buns.
Hubs plate, probably two servings here!
 Chilled Potatoes in Creamy Herb Sauce
4 red new potatoes, unpeeled and scrubbed
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 1/2 cups Dannon plain nonfat or lowfat yogurt
2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons sliced green onion
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
1/4 teaspoon salt
dash white pepper
In a medium saucepan bring small amount of water to a boil.  Add potatoes; cook, covered, 25 to 30 minutes or until tender.  Drain and cool.  Slice and place in a large bowl.  Toss with peas and bell pepper.  Add yogurt, parsley green onion, basil, salt and white pepper.  Toss gently to coat. Cover; chill until ready to serve. 8 servings  100 calories 0 g Fat
I took what looked like 1/8 of the recipe because the recipe was for 8.  It really was a lot for 100 calories. 
So far this cookbook is batting 100.

Hard to believe the day is pretty much over.  Going to sit and crochet a while.  Good night all!  Blessings!

6 comments:

mrs. c said...

You are so industrious and I am proud of your, should I say diet or just healthy eating?, I wanted to know how the chickens were doing? We went to eat at Greenlife for lunch and I was talking to Josh, Jessica's boyfriend, who is the grocery manager and he said that some of his local sources for eggs had "dried up" because there was snow on the ground. Are your girls producing right now cause I know you have had snow? Just wondering....Have a blessed Sunday!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Your caplet is lovely, maybe you could donate it to the nursing home where your mom-in-law was, or have a free raffle for it, I'll bet the ladies would love it! Love your recipes also, never thought of using yogurt with potato salad! I bet your hubs would like my latest post! Have a great weekend!

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Now, this look like a recipe that I would like!! I love potato salad in any form.

That capelet is so cute - you'll find someone soon that needs it. I knit prayer shawls and give them to our pastor and let him give them to someone he visits who is in need of some prayers and hugs. I never know who gets them.

Have a great day,
Lynn

Mama Spark said...

Can't wait to see your borders finished. Hamburgers and salad look good enough to eat too, LOL. Hope they were delish!!

Bee Lady said...

I think I'm going to have to try that potato recipe. I didn't know about the skinny buns. Who makes them. I'm not doing very well dieting, but I'm eating a little better. I need to get some of my old Weight Watcher cookbooks out.

Cindy

Bee Lady said...

I have your blog up on my computer right now in my kitchen. I'm making these potatoes, some hamburgers, and I found the skinny buns! Thanks for the dinner idea.

Cindy