Friday, November 5, 2010

Vintage Dresser

I have this vintage dresser that I bought from a friend 5 or 6 years ago.  It was blond but in great shape.  I do not have any before pictures because at the time I was not a blogger and did not think too much about that sort of thing. I cannot tell you what color the paint is.  I remember I bought a boxed kit of paint and antiquing medium and that is about all I can tell you.   I have never been able to find any matching hardware to switch out the with the old but I do not mind the pulls as much as I did before. The first picture was taken before I painted the family room earlier this year.
I was suppose to show everyone how that room turned out months ago but there are all these little things I have not finished yet.  Here is the magazine page I used as inspiration for the shelving on the wall behind the dresser.
My hubs built the shelves that I am using on our walls and I need to collect more frames to fill in a little more.  I tried to stick with just white frames but I like color.  And my favorite color is red and I also have a red sofa in this same room.
 Some of the white frames I got from Goodwill and painted and antiqued them.  Others are the inexpensive frames from the craft store that I painted.  And yet others I found at half off sales. Just look at all those grandchildren!
Linking up with Debra at Common Grounds Vintage Inspiration Friday and
Furniture Feature Fridays
because it is Friday night and the weekend is here!  Thanks for coming by and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  Blessings!

9 comments:

Laura Lofgreen said...

Love it, love it, love it. What a great piece of trash.

Annesphamily said...

This is an awesome piece. I like it very much. Thanks for sharing with us today and enjoy your weekend. Anne

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

It's always wonderful to see someone's creative juices flowing. Great piece.

mrs. c said...

I think you did a very good job on matching your room with your inspiration! I bought lots of wooden, plastic frames that were all colors, then laid them on an old shower curtain and spray painted them all flat white, then glossy black. They all looked the same and uniform. You might want to try that!
I will send you an e-mail soon!

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love the shape of this dresser- it's so modern and hip!

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

what a fab dresser!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Brenda, this is a great piece, and yes, I can just imagine it "blond"! It's shabby with a modern edge and I really love it. Your shelving is great. You guys did a super job on putting it together! Love the inspiration photo!! thanks for linking up, girl.
xo,
Debra

Unknown said...

Hi Brenda!
I love your dresser transformation along with the gallery of frames!
Blessed you are with all those grandchildren!
Deb

Jane @ The Borrowed Abode said...

That's a great transformation!!