Thursday, November 4, 2010

G is for Goosberry Patch

I did not link up to last weeks letter at Jenny Matlock's Alphabee-Thursday.  I did not post at all from Sunday to Sunday.  Just kinda hit a blank wall and did not know just what to write about.  I visit Mama Spark's World and she is participating with National Blog Posting Month in which you need to post everyday for a month.  I will tell you now that it probably takes me half a year to post that many times in the past.  So I posted four days in a row, a record for me, and decided I might be able to do it.
Stopped at a barn sale on my way to the city today for my weekly shopping trip and a visit with my grand daughters.  Bought this brand new Gooseberry Patch cookbook for four dollars.
These are great cookbooks.  I have a few and can always find something new to try.  And they always include wonderful comfort food and great gift ideas.   I am looking forward to sitting down and picking out some new recipes to try.  I also bought this great red basket, red is my favorite color, three new cookie cutters and a metal tray.  All for a total of twenty bucks.
Now I have plans for this tray.  I want to paint it the same type of red the basket is.  What kind of spray paint should I get and do I need to sand and or prime it first?
Hope you will forgive me Jenny for not linking last week but here I am on board again.  Hope everyone is having a great week!  Blessings!
Jenny Matlock
Also linking up with A LA Carte's Junking Finds

14 comments:

a moderate life said...

Hi Brenda! I am following you from alphabet thursday and I am now following your lovely blog. I am giggling a little here because one of my dear friends JUST gave me a different gooseberry patch cookbook for the holiday season. I love it! Keep on blogging. If you have trouble thinking of things to post about, just write about little things from your life. Jot them down on a piece of paper and when you start really sharing who you are, it will simply flow! All the best! Alex@amoderatelife

Rebecca said...

That's one thing I never pick up-a cookbook-can't make anything-toast and cereal girl-can appreciate all those wonderful cooks out there-hats off to you!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

So I saw one of those cookbooks in a craft store and was tempted to buy it because it looked so cute. But then I remembered that I have approximately 7,000 cookbooks, so decided to pass on it.

Maybe I'll just have to go back and get it? I can always use cookbook number 70001!

Gooseberry Patch said...

What a great find...can't wait to see what you make out of your new cookbook! :)

If you haven't already, visit us at the blog: www.gooseberrypatch.typepad.com

Find us on Facebook too!
www.facebook.com/gooseberrypatch

Hope to see you there! :)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love your junkin finds! Goosberry cookbooks are great and that is a great price. Love the red basket and please show the tray when you get it painted. Thanks for joining Junkin Finds!!

Jamie said...

I haven't tried the gooseberry cookbooks, but now you've peeked my interest! I don't quite have the patience to sift through the garage sale offerings to find the hidden treasures, but I so admire the finds of those who do. You did great!

Erin said...

I'd prime it first for sure. I spray painted a basket birdhouse earlier this year and I didn't prime(figured the weave would soak it up) and where there were parts of darker weave, kind of showed through after a few coats.

magsmcc said...

I'm sure Jenny will wholeheartedly accept your "sick" note and not take off any credits for attendance! I have no idea about the paint, but love the project1

Teresa said...

I love that tray--very adorable. Glad you found such good deals.

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Great finds. I love to get a new cookbook and set down and plan out new treats. Unfortunately I ususally do more planning than I do cooking.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

I love Gooseberry Patch recipe books. They are fun to look through and do have great ideas and recipes. I can't help myself, but seem to be drawn to recipe books whenever we are in the book store.
Wow! that is awesome on posting daily for one month! I can barely manage one post a week...once I did do 7 days in a row.

Blessings & Aloha!
I'm catching upon my blog reading....hope you get a chance to stop by ;o)

Pondside said...

Well, you did very well! I've never seen that line of cookbooks, but will keep my eyes open now.

PERMANENT POSIES said...

I have several Christmas books with crafts and recipes in them and one is a Gooseberry Christmas book. I pull it out every year and peruse the recipes. Great finds!

Jenny said...

Those books are always fun!

And, girl, no forgiveness is necessary. You come when you can and you are always welcome.

Life has a way of making us live it...and busy is good.

Your treasures are fantastic. I would probably steel wool that tray down, hit it with some spray primer, and then spray paint. I think there is a special finish you can put on it to make it food safe, or you could just put wax paper or saran wrap over it before you put the food on there.

Those sales are always my favorite. I wish I could have gone with you.


Thanks for a GGGGRRRReat link to Alphabe-Thursday's letter "G".

A+