Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday Night Sew-In

Yeah it is Friday!  I was so ready for the weekend.  I will be getting ready for the Thanksgiving dinner we will be hosting here at our house in the woods.  There will be grocery shopping and house cleaning going on this weekend.  But this evening I am having just a little fun time.  I just went around the corner to my neighbors shop and found a few Christmas treasures.  I usually find a couple of Santa's each year to add to my collection.  I guess you could say I'm a sucker for Santa.  You can visit the blog for the Saltbox Farm here.  Sharon is a very sweet neighbor and I love to visit her shop.  These are the goodies I came home with this evening.
Now I am just going to have a bite to eat and off to the work room to do some sewing.  I am going to be working with this fabric I bought a couple of weeks ago.
I have it all pressed and cut to size so I am ready to sew.  This is going to be a Christmas present for a good friend.  I am going to participate for the first time in the Friday Night Sew-In at Handmade by Heidi.  I hope to have something to show you all tomorrow!  Blessings!


3 comments:

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I'm doing the same thing this weekend. Cleaning and shopping and just trying to get organized. Your fabric is lovely.

mrs. c said...

I have already done all my shopping for Thanksgiving dinner. I am making my cornbread for dressing, roasting my sweet potatoes, making veggie stock for my vegeterian dressing, and cleaning up my dining room. But the fun thing that hubby and I are going to do is go take photos at a waterfall and where people rock climb early in the morning. Also some of my former students are playing in a "superbowl" tomorrow and I plan to swing by and cheer them on! We had our fall feast in my class today and I had around 40 parents show up! It was such a great day!!

Anke said...

I love your Santa's! I've been collecting Santa's myself for many years and even though hubby thinks I have way to many, there's always room for another one. ;-)
Have a happy Thanksgiving!