Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Little Bit of This and That

The feathered ladies have been faithfully laying eggs.  We usually get 9-10 a day which of course is about 70 eggs a week.  Family and friends are very happy indeed to receive some "farm" fresh eggs.  Today when I went out to gather eggs this is what I came in with.
Looks as though someone laid a double or triple yolk or Miss Esther has started laying her jumbo sized eggs.
This past weekend I finished up a couple of projects that was in my stack of sewing.  I quick made this bag that I bought as a kit from the local quilt shop.
I used it to put my grand daughters birthday present in Sunday.  I also finished sewing up some pillowcases that are late birthday presents for my sister and niece.
 My niece picked out these fabrics the last time I visited them in Indiana.  She could not decide on the cuff color so she picked out two different ones.  The fabric shop cut the main fabric short and I did not realize it until I had cut the first piece so I made one of the cuffs a little wider to make up for the shortage.
This set is for my sister.  I tried to remember the colors in her bedroom without having taken a picture so I hope they will match.  These fabrics feel really wonderful, I would love to lay my head on them.   I really need to make some for hubs and myself one day soon.  When I had these all cut out and ready to sew together I could not make heads or tails out of my instructions.  But I had posted a tutorial on the pillowcases for another bloggy friend and I was able to go back to it and make since of my notes.  So if no one else ever reads my tutorial on pillowcases it is no loss because I can use it myself when I am lost in my own hand written notes.
Ready for the mail.
I am busy working on my Christmas projects.  I am hoping to make more gifts this year and spend less shopping out in the Christmas rush.  Of course the fact that it takes 45-60 minutes for me to drive to the nearest shopping centers makes me even more determined. 
Thanks for stopping by and many blessings to everyone!

5 comments:

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I wish I had paid attention when my mother sewed. Sadly, I can barely sew a button on a shirt. Your pillowcases are lovely and I'm sure will be treasured.

Joy Tilton said...

I too am trying to think of ideas for a simpler Christmas. I love handmade items, I think everyone does. Came over from Jayme's this morning and enjoyed reading your blog so much! Come for a visit to GrannyMountain when you have time..

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

We, too, are striving for a simpler Christmas - it's just gotten out of hand.

Love those eggs. If I were your neighbor, I'd be wanting to buy eggs from you.

xo
Lynn

Mama Spark said...

I love farm fresh eggs...mmmmmm.

About Me... said...

Hi Brenda! Looks like you have busy hands! Love the fabric choices. I'm getting some double-yolkers too from my pullets. My white hen has opted for a new hideyhouse for laying her eggs. I caNOT find her lair. The other are good little hens and lay in the coop. Our house improvement project creeps along. Patience builder :o) Hope you are well. shery j