Sunday, November 29, 2009

Vintage Christmas Monday

I have joined the Vintage Christmas Monday party at "Anything Goes Here" hosted by Joan. You can join in the fun by visiting Joan's site here.
http://thepottingshed-anythinggoeshere.blogspot.com/2009/11/vintage-christmas-monday-blog-party.html
I have been unpacking boxes since Friday morning and here are a few of the vintage things I found.
A book I had as a child. And I am old enough to make it vintage.


























I got this out every year and read it to my girls when they were growing up. I continue to get it out each year for our
grandchildren.



I found both this celluloid Santa ornament and the Santa figure at antique or vintage shop. I have had them for a few years so I am not sure exactly where.

I did not find the light that fits in the back of the Santa yet and he will be sitting elsewhere when I have. He was just hanging out for his picture.












The last items I have this week are some Christmas cards. The card with
the carolers was given to me by my piano teacher sometime in the 60's and the Santa card was sent to me by an Aunt/Sunday school teacher. It is a Hallmark card and looks as though my mother poked a hole in the back and added some floss to hang it in the tree. I usually stick both of them in between tree branches.

15 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi Brenda, I love that you still read the same book to your grandkids. The cards are cute too. I like to use cards on the tree as well.
Hugs,
Dawn

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Brenda...
Oh sweetie I love your Vintage lovelies. The small little santa, I have snowmen and reindeer that actually hung on my husband's family's tree as a young boy. My husband was born in 1946 so I know they are quite old. I will have to send you a pic of them, or post about it.

You asked about my age. We are the same age. I turned 52 this past April. I was born in 1957. How about that? I am so thrilled.

I have 7 grandchildren - 4 girls and 3 boys, and a new baby due in June. We can't wait, as we so love the grandkids.

Thanks for stopping over. I look forward to many posts of sharing. Stop by anytime. I so love the company.

Country hugs and much love, Sherry

Joan@anthinggoeshere said...

Such lovely memories. It is wonderful that you have the Christmas card after all these years. Happy Vintage Christmas Monday to you. xo Joan

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

I love Christmas traditions - and the memories getting out our decorations brings to mind.

Julie Marie said...

What a treasure you have in your book, and the memories! How wonderful you still read it to your grandchildren... Bisous... Julie Marie

jen said...

just this morning i read my 4 year old twin girls the alvin and the chipmunks christmas book from 1959 - was their great aunts. i've collected different christmas books over the years, even before having children, to read a one for the 25 day countdown - my girls love this tradition!
happy holidays
jen
www.mimibellaboo.blogspot.com

★Carol★ said...

The illustrations in that book are just beautiful, and I love your Santas! And I'm a real sucker for old cards. They have the sweetest graphics on them!
Happy VCM!
Carol

Anne Lorys said...

I love your Vhristmas goodies! Those cards are just adorable.
Thanks so much for entering my giveaway!
All the best,
Anne

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Love all of your vintage goodies you have shared with us. I have a collection of Night Before Christmas books. I wish I had a vintage one. Love the santa, and the cards are so cute!

Debbie

Rose said...

The vintage items are always so interesting and beautiful. I love the book. How wonderful you can share it with your family. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate the comment.

the old white house said...

Hello Brenda ~I love that you have the book that you read as a child and that you read to your children and now to your grandchildren. I have a couple of the santas that you put a light in and like the santa on my porch they make me grin! Thanks for stopping by ~ Theresa

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Brenda, love those "vintage" cards and the precious little book! I'm not sure that the things we had as children sound better as "vintage", but "antique" sounds even worse! LOL! Love your big plastic Santa. He's a real cutie!
big hugs,
Debra

Judi said...

Still getting around to see all the goddies in everyones home! I don't know what it is about old books and cards that just puts a smile on my face. I love the graphics. Thanks for sharing and the smile put on my face! Judi

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love the book! I wish I had the one from my childhood, but I do have one from my childrens young years.

Room to Inspire said...

I love Christmas decorations that have special meaning - the book is wonderful.

Chelsea