Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pink is the color of my creative space.

I started out with a wallpaper boarder that I truly loved and thought it looked somewhat retro.

Then I picked out paint to match. Which included a couple of different pinks and a green. Jeff built three work areas for me that included a:
Sewing Area.

Scrapbooking Area.

And a Painting Area.

I like to see what I have to work with so he built some shelving towers and added shelving over all my work space for storage.















Paper Storage.

Stamp Storage.

I love to store crafting items in mason jars.



I also like these retro metal racks. I spray paint them to match whatever area I am using them in.

I found this little spice rack at a resale shop minus its containers so I re-purposed it with baby food jars.

This is a bulletin board I use in my sewing area to remind me of projects I want to work on soon.

I really enjoy my space and would love to have more time to spend in it. I would like some new flooring. I have my eyes on some white and black squares. What do you think?. Right now it still has some carpet tiles that came with the house and they do not really match the color scheme so I have cropped my pictures to take the floor area out. I'm linking up to Funky Junks Saturday Night Special Anything Goes! Go check out all the other participants!
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What what a great space to create in!! I so want to do something like this- everything is just piled in the closet for now!

blessings
mary

Kitty Scraps said...

Hey Brenda,
I've not had a chance to do anything in weeks. I miss my blog friends so much! I'm happy you enjoyed reading Pride & Prejudice, I just finished two of a three book series by Sharon Lathan about the Darcy's after they are married. It was really good, can't wait for the third to come out. You mentioned about having the complete JA from B&N and I know exactly which book you mean, I have it as well and it's definitely not the kind of book you can tote around with you or read in bed, it's huge and so bulky. I have paperback copies of P&P, S&S, as well as Persuasion that I read over and over again then that just leaves dragging out the big book for the rest which I confess I don't read the others as much because of that very reason. Anyways sorry I've been a stranger, wish it was otherwise *smiles*

BTW - GREAT room! I love your wallpaper border and all your different craft zones. I have mine scattered from room to room. You did a great job organizing and decorating. Do you get much crafting done since you have your own space?
Have a great week!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Brenda, wow, you have an amazing space. I love the hot pink color and how you are so oraganized! Do you make house calls? LOL, I'm more of a organized chaos type person. Thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs,
Debra

KimMalk said...

@Cheap Chic Home. Pretty! Are you sharing the shade of that yummy pink?

Auntie Cake said...

OOOHHH!!! What a beautiful space! I love pink and green together. So much fun, I don't think I would come out of that room, ever. Thanks for stopping over at my blog, and signing up for the giveaway, and then for following along. It is so fun to meet everyone! Good luck.
Kate

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love that you have an area dedicated to your creative pursuits! Love the colors, too. The black and white flooring sounds great to me ~ but, of course, that's what I want in my future home office!

Libbie said...

I could LIVE in that room!

cindy said...

Ok, I'm totally jealous. My cra(p)ft room is a disaster area. You've motivated me to get my act together so I can spend my creative time creating, not searching for my supplies :o)

Rhonda said...

I so love that pink!
I have a dresser in my vintage dining room that is your color. :)
So very pretty.

Your space is so pretty.
I can see how your creative juices would flow.

Funky Junk Interiors said...

How organized are you! Love all the jars. And the colours just pop and make you happy! Wonderful room!

Thanks for linking up to SNS!

Funky Junk Donna

Michelle said...

I love your room, I just did a post about my own little "Happy Place".

mrs. c said...

Your room is fantasic!!! I am sooo jealous, I also have a craft room but I would not post pictures because it is so unorganized, yours looks like a place I could go and work for hours in! I do scrapbook but have kinda stopped and just blog and make photo books on blurb. I just spend too much time and money on the stuff and really the only person that looks at the books is me! I do have tons of pictures all over my house and I do love to take them! I also love to sew, isn't it amazing how many people don't even know how to sew on a button! I was a home ec major in H.S. and even got the Betty Crocker Award. At one time I made all my clothes but now I sew for fun and my grand daughter. Have a wonderful week and I love your blog!

sweetjeanette said...

I'm all about pink...especially if it's HOT!
I really like your space, makes me sigh a good sigh.

sweetjeanette.blogspot.com