Friday, November 20, 2009

Book Signing

My mom in law and I drove into Grand Rapids Wednesday evening to go to a book signing by Debbie Macomber. She was there promoting her book, One Simple Act, which I bought along with her children's book, The Truly Terribly Horrible Sweater That Grandma Knit. It is a very cute book with a sweater pattern in the back. I do not knit, although I have always wanted to learn how. I am a crocheter. I bought the book for something new to read to our grandchildren when they come visit. The other book is non-fiction. I have started reading it and I am really enjoying and understanding it. I may even buy more copies for Christmas presents. The sub-title is Discovering the Power of Generosity. I was hooked after the first chapter and think I will actually start a gratitude journal like she talks about in the first chapter. I think I have read or listened to all of Debbie's books on CD and have enjoyed them. I am not one to pick up a non fiction book, except the Bible, but I would and probably will recommend this book to everyone.
I get caught up in what is going on around me and forget to take pictures. I did not take one of my beautiful mom in law and wish that I had. I have not finished any of my projects that I thought I would this week but I have some pictures of my grandson's bedroom that my middle daughter has been working on at her house. I will work on a post to show what a talent she has sometime this weekend. I hope everyone has a great weekend, I know I will! Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Miss Jean said...

Debbie is one of my favorite authors. I've read lots of her books. I just bought One Simple Act and can't wait to read it. How wonderful for you to actually meet her.

mrs. c said...

I have not read any of Debbie's books but have seen them on the shelf, guess I need to pick one up. Thanks for the info about her!