Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day Two Christmas Decor

I stayed home another full day. I am enjoying my home, I really am. I've carried boxes up the steps and back down again. I rearranged furniture and dusted. Should I have done that before Thanksgiving? No one noticed. And by mid afternoon I had a mess.














Here is the tree in the Great Room (that is what my husband calls it).



















I was hoping to get the walls painted in this room before the holidays but the time got away from me. It was already getting dark when I was taking pictures so I had to turn the lights on which caused quite a problem for me when I was trying to take the pictures. I took quite a few and tried quite a few different settings before I got this one. I would love to have tons more ornaments to pile on this tree, but alas I don't. I bought this tree before we moved into this house. It was close to the ceiling at our previous home, but this house has high ceilings. So Jeff built a wooden lift and put it in the bottom of this container to get us at least an extra foot of height. Pretty smart that husband of mine.














I love jingle bells. I like the look and the sound they make. Of course these don't get rang unless the grand kids are jumping a lot.



















This door hanger make a great noise when someone comes through the door. One more day off from work. I might have to brave the stores and start my Christmas shopping tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for coming by!

4 comments:

Holly said...

You're home looks beautiful!
I find it very stressful to decorate...probably because it takes me nearly a week!!! And this year I have to figure everything out all over again!!!
Did you have a good Thanksgiving? Hope you were able to spend it with the ones you love!!
Enjoy your time off!!
Holly

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

It looks like Christmas is coming to your house.

I love bells too!!

Joan@anthinggoeshere said...

I have added you to the Vintage Christmas Monday List link list. Everything looks lovely here in your blog.

If you haven't read the original invitation to join the party please do for the instructions. Click on the house button on the top of my sidebar to read them.

And welcome! xo Joan

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Brenda...
While blog hopping today I found your beautiful blog. I have to tell you I love your tree sitting in that metal tub. It is just beautiful. The room is just gorgeous, and I have a bell that hangs on my side door too. I love the tones of bells. Drives DH nuts but I love it.

You nativity scene is just beautiful. I love it that the pieces are touchable by children and that the grandchildren hide the baby Jesus. It amazes me how they are always drawn to the baby Jesus.

I have a nativity set, that is all made out of thick wood. Moma drew the pieces out as a pattern on a grocery bag. Daddy cut them out of the wood, then Moma sanded all the pieces and they both stained and varnished them. I'll have to take pictures and post soon. I love it though because my grandkids can't hurt it. It won't break. And Moma and Daddy made it for me. I love it.

I signed up to follow your blog. I can't wait to see what you share next. Please stop by and say hi. I would love it if you signed up to follow me as well.

Country hugs...Sherry