Monday, November 2, 2009

A Happy Halloween Birthday

As happy of a birthday possible when not feeling well. Our youngest grand daughter turned three on Halloween. Unfortunately her and older sister had that awful flu last week. The birthday girl had developed an ear infection and her older sister has pneumonia. Our daughter had kept them home most of the week from day care by staying home from work along with myself and my older daughter taking turns with her. The youngest came down with it Monday and then the oldest one Wednesday. They seemed to be getting better then turned worse. I am mentioning this because I wanted anyone that is reading this to know the pediatrician told my daughter that there seems to be a complication of some sort following this flu for many children. So keep an eye on them it happens very quickly. On a happy note. Although there was no Trick or Treating for the girls our daughter still managed a small birthday party for our little one. Here are a couple of pictures of the girls in their costumes. Mommy decided it would be a good idea to let them dress up for the birthday celebration.

The birthday girl!

Sis Cheesing

Grandpa telling a story.

Ladybug's, ladybug costume. She was not very cooperative. This was about a four minute modeling session. She was too funny.
I was hoping to have pictures of the four grandsons from the party, but they were unable to come since we did not want to spread this bug through their home also. My daughter is suppose to get pictures to me soon! I might be able to post some later.

8 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous blog, love the photos and thank you for becoming one of my followers, I do so want to wish you good luck in my draw. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxxxx

Rhonda said...

awww the girls are adorable and Ladybug is too!
the flu & cold stuff is kinda scary...
but a good Grandma eye will watch over it. :)

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Aw, they looks so cute! It seems like everyone is sick..we're just getting over it. I hope everyone it back to full health soon!

Vicki H. said...

Sooo cute. How are Scotties to live with? I said no dogs for 5 years but I am already thinking about it. I have always liked the looks of the breed...high energy? Stubborn? Smart? Would you recommend for a family, who lives in a small town?

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Brenda, thanks for coming by, I always appreciate hearing from you. I'm hoping this finds the girls feeling better. (They are such cuties all dressed up) This flu certainly can be frightening. It's good that the doctors are telling parents what to look for. Take care and stay well yourself!
Debra

Vicki H. said...

Thanks Brenda for the infor about your Ladybug's breed. They sound like a big dog in a little body!! I am not planning on getting another dog for several years because of my busy schedule but I miss having a pet already. I think I will go buy a plant or a fish. I have always liked the look of Scotties but I had a Jack Russell once so I know all about terriers digging, chasing and boisterous nature. They are little characters though.

Miss Jean said...

I'm sorry the little ones were sick. The girls looked like they had fun at the party, though. I wasn't home for Halloween so I missed all the fun. Driving out here to Colorado from California we stopped at a restaurant,though, and some trick or treaters came in with their folks for dinner. I love seeing their costumes.

I saw a bee costume for Maggie but Hubs says so dressing her up. As hyper as she is she would have torn it off anyway.

Take care and don't you get sick.

xxoo

Michelle said...

So cute! In fact each picture is just precious! Halloween is such a fun time, glad you have good memories of this one!