Tuesday, January 8, 2013

WIP Wednesday

Pillows, pillows and more pillows.
I bought this pattern a couple of years ago and I need to tell you if you don't like to embroider you would still use this pattern.
The boarder is pieced together with charm squares and you buy a coordinating half yard for the back of the pillow.  The directions are so easy to follow and you could easily fussy cut a piece of fabric for the center of the pillow.  I stitched the original design and finished it for our family room.

And I liked how easily it went together I used a free stitchery design from Red Brolly and made pillow for my best friends birthday.

 I picked up a charm pack of the fabric she collected to make a quilt for her sewing/guest room.  She is working hard on finishing her projects she has started before starting another.  These fabrics are so fun I would be working on the Swoon quilt pattern she is going to be using because I have no will power when it comes to new patterns and fabrics.  But this I have finished because I could not wait to give it to her.
I finished another crocheted pillow:
I have already shared the next one.
I think I could make a pillow every week if I did not have so many other projects hanging out in my work area.  I am still working on my last block for the Raspberry Rabbit BOM and my friends and I joined a local quilt shop BOM and are going to work on the January block in a couple of weeks.
This is a really neat project because each month you finish the project instead of waiting until the end of the year to put it all together.  Each month you applique your block and it replaces the block in your frame from the previous month.  I still need to find a frame but I have just the wall to hang it on.  So I am ready to start!
Many blessings from our home in the woods!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

7 comments:

mrs. c said...

You are such a talented person! The bird pillow is terrific and I love your crochet work is lovely. I have only learned to make granny squares when I was young. I look forward to your posts. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Allie said...

Oh my, those pillows are glorious! Your friend will really love that one for her. What a sweet thing to do. That bird is too darling for words. I really like the crocheted ones too!

I'm going to have to look for that bom project, I LOVE it.

Bronwyn Hayes said...

I am totally amazed at how you take a simple design and turn it into something as fabulous as those cushions!!
I just love both of them.
Thanks for sending the link to your blog.

Cheers-
Bronwyn ...

Debbie said...

Wow I really like your embroidery work. That is just amazing. I'm also so jealous of your crochet pillows.

Bee Lady said...

Great job on the pillows! They are so pretty. You do such good work Brenda. I haven't even finished the one I was making to go with the cover on my bed, and I'm already making another afghan for the bed (sigh) Too many other projects butting in my way! I have started making a dishcloth a week...for one, to use up yarn, and for two, I need some new dishcloths! I figure if I do one a week, it doesn't seem so daunting. No fussing, no new patterns, just whipping them up. Love last years BOM can't wait to see this years.

Cindy Bee

Jenny said...

Gorgeous AND comfy seating! I bet people love coming to visit YOU!

Holly said...

You overwhelm me, my friend!!! How do you accomplish so much? Maybe if I didn't read everyone's blogs, look at pinterest and read books I could get something done too! (maybe!)
I have that same charm pack fabric in a layer cake and am hoping to do something cheerful with it!