Monday, January 7, 2013

Tuesdays Treasure

To keep me blogging and sharing more often I am linking up with some parties that I have never joined before.  Melody over at The House on the Side of the Hill has a monthly party called Tuesday Treasures.
My treasure this month is my oldest Grand Daughter.  She and her younger sister came for an over night this weekend.  My treasure, my oldest Grand Daughter who is 7 asked me to teach her to embroider.  She brought along an embroidery kit that she received for Christmas and I taught her the back stitch.

She got the hang of it quickly and finished her little hanky that evening and gifted it to her mommy the next day.

I do have 6 more of these treasures and I know I share them often.  But this one truly put a smile on my face because she was interested in something that I love to do.  Blessings and smiles to all that stop by from our home in the woods.
I love sharing my Tuesday Treasures

16 comments:

Fiona said...

How sweet to sew together.... grandies are real treasures...
Hugz

Melody said...

Welcome to Tuesday Treasures. Such a lovely treasure too. A great little stitcher - how fabulous

Lorilee said...

How wonderful that your oldest grand daughter wants to learn to embroider. I started when I was quite young. I remember quilting with my Mom and grandmothers as well.
Blessings,
Lorilee

Cath said...

What a lovely post about your grand daughter. It is very special when they take an interest in what your do. This goes for daughters also.
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Helen said...

Oh she is gorgeous! And how proud you must be of your little protege!

Unknown said...

I cant wait for my grand daughters to be old enough for me to teach to sew and knit, my nana taught me these skills and I am so eternally gratefull for that.

Briar Rose said...

How lovely it is when Granddoughters want to learn to stitch, they can't start too early. wishing you many happy hours with yours .Cheers Rosalie

Rosie said...

How wonderful that you can pass this on to your delightful grand-daughter. I am sure her project will become a treasure itself.

Carolyn said...

How lovely to have be able to share your interests with your grand daughter. I will always be grateful for the times I shared with my grandmother who taught me to crochet. I makes a special bond I think.

Sheila said...

Such a special treasure and so sweet that she wants to learn what her grandmother loves to do :-)

Briar Rose said...

HI Brenda, it is lovely to have Grand Daughters who want to learn to sew, they can't start too soon, have fun with yours. Cheers Rosalie.

Allie said...

Well hooray for you for passing the love of handwork along - she's a doll, and you two will always have something to share!

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a little sweetie Brenda. So cute and we need more stitchers.....the younger they start the better. Children are our dearest treasures.

FleurBleue said...

Bonjour from France.

I just popped by from Melodys' to wish you Bonne Annee and to admire your treasure.

Yours is the BEST kind of treasure.

Fiona x

Jenny said...

She is adorable!

Shannon said...

I was so happy to see the hancky you helped her make. She is blessed to have a Grandma who has the talent to teach her how to do these things.She is a child version of you :) She has her knitting bag ready to share with you too hehe.I am thinking about trying to figure it out too so we can share the task!