Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sharing

Hi Friends!  Happy New Year!  I hope you all had wonderful holidays with your family and friends.  I want to promise that I will be a better blogger friend and post more often, I want to promise, but that is a promise I seem not to be able to keep when made.  It seems that our life gets in the way when we make plans to get things that do not have to be done, done.  There are all those things that do have to be done that come first, which I know all of you know.  But I do have good intentions every time I share anything with you to continue to do so in a more expedient fashion.  So with the New Year comes a new year of blogging and today I would like to share some past projects that I have not shared and some family sharing also.

If you remember last year I was sewing aprons for family and friends.  I have not finished all the family aprons, there are still a few to go,  but I did finish the birthday aprons for my friends this past fall and I even made one for myself.



And my own, being modeled by myself 10 pounds lighter then two months ago.  I joined Weight Watchers with my sister in law and have hopes that the next time I post a picture of myself here I will 20-25 pounds lighter.

I love to go to bookstores.  I can spend a lot of time there browsing and finding my next 2-3 reads.  It is almost an hour to the nearest one so when I can make it there, I want to come home with some new good reads.  But in the last few months I have been coming home with material that looks more like this.
That is because my youngest daughter is homeschooling her daughters this year and I am trying to help with some new materials to fill in what she does not find at the public library or home school library.  The girls are loving the Boxcar Children series so I picked up two more of those and they are going to be studying the planets this next month.
Christmas pictures.
They are in first and second grade.  My middle daughter, their Auntie that has four boys, bought the sweet jackets for them.   And if you have been or are a homeschooling mother, my daughter has a blog site where she is posting their homeschooling adventures and would love any comments with suggestions or ideas she can use.  You can visit these sweet girls at Adventures in Homeschooling.

Thanks for stopping by and blessings from our home in the woods!




5 comments:

Allie said...

Happy New Year, Brenda!!! Oh I love those aprons, they are gorgeous!

Is your daughter teaching creation science? There's a GREAT website and store here -

http://www.answersingenesis.org/store/

I have a lot of their adult books and love them. They're a great resource. We used a lot of their stuff when the boys were small, but sold it all.

I really love the girls' new coats, so pretty! I'd love one like that for ME, lol.

Unknown said...

Happy New Year, Brenda!
Well, you sure have good things happening in your neck of the woods...
Your grand girls are lovely... those coats are precious. Reminds me of a white one I had when I was around the same age...And you are a homeschooling grammy too! Love it!
Thanks for a great post my dear!
xo Deb

Holly said...

Happy 2013 and congrats on the 10 lbs! How do you like WW? I need to do something, but I'm just so darned lazy!!!!
Your aprons are adorable! Love all the little pockets and ric rac. You are so ambitious!
I sewed a little pillow for a friend today, but not much happening in the sewing room these days (or any days, for that matter)!
Working at the library, it's so hard for me to buy books, unless they are a dollar or less!!! Good for you for helping your daughter and grands out! My daughter loved the boxcar children and at one time we owned them all!
Have fun sewing!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I love all those little pockets! That's pretty handy.

Shannon said...

Thank you for mentioning my blog. I am having a blast sharing our experience. Thanks for all of you support in the process <3 Thank you for sharing all the links Allie! Aunt Sammie said the coats came from Khols.They love wearing them to there American Girl parties.They feel like they are similar to some of the dolls.