Sew, after moving everything I needed upstairs I was ready to start sewing. Here are the flannels that I found in the correct width for the buntings I wanted to make from the book Fabric-by-Fabric One-Yard Wonders.
If you use the patterns from either of the One-Yard Wonders books be very careful that you check the fabric width that you buy because they use every bit of the yard of fabric you cut your patterns from. I found that out the hard way with the first two yards of flannel that I bought. This was a simple project but very time consuming because you have to pin the bias tape one the front to sew and then again on the back after pressing it around and in place. I also picked up the wrong size of bias tape but it seemed to work just fine. The pattern called for 1/4" wide double-fold bias tape and I picked up 1/2" wide. I live quite a way from anywhere to exchange or re-buy so I decided to try it on one. I decided I will just use the rest of the 1/2" on the other two that I have already purchased. It might make a difference in how it turns under on the ties where inside corners are but after spending just a little extra time with my pressing they turned out fine.
The above is the outside laid out flat. I should have laid it the other way before taking the picture.
Of coarse there was no baby to wrap up and show you how it works so I used the largest stuffed bear I had. The dolls that the grands play with were looking pretty unsanitary. I only managed to get one done but hope to get the other two sewn up this weekend and put away for my grandson due this May.
I also was able to iron the appliques onto the January Raspberry Rabbit QAL block. Ready for the rest of the hand-stitching. It is missing a heart because I was not happy with the red wool felt that I had on hand to use. That will come later.
Finished up around 11:00 last night. I have been making myself do a little housework before going back to my sewing today. Enjoy your Saturday friends!