Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Wedding Reception

We rented a large tent and filled it up.  That would sum it up but I will admit the caterer that we hired was wonderful.  She let us use her linens and silverware.  Picked it up a couple of days early and the bride to be spent a few hours wrapping it in a napkin and paper napkin rings that she picked out.  I made paper cones to hold nuts and mints and stuck them in glass containers that I found at the dollar store.  And we floated Gerber Daisies in rose bowls with lavender glass marble thingies in the bottom.  We think it looked pretty and perfect in our out on the lawn reception.  Again these pictures were taken by my Sis-In-Law.  She is the best to share.
I found the cone idea from Serena Thompson's The Farm Chicks Christmas book. You can visit her blog here.
The caterer also baked and decorated the cake.  The flowers were what we did not use in the bouquets that my middle daughter put together for the bride and bridesmaids.
The wedding was at 11:30 A.M. so we had a luncheon instead of a dinner reception.
I only have a few odds and ends to show you tomorrow and then I will show you how my gardens have survived.  The roses did not make it until the wedding day.  Some heavy rains, heat and Japanese Beetle attacks put a damper on that.  But I have been planting and potting a lot of purple and orange flowers that I will share with you Friday.  Blessings.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

This is beautiful, Brenda!!! What a perfect setting for the wedding. The food looks so yummy too--making me hungry just seeing it! Congrats once again to the couple. Wishing them much happiness in the years to come!