Sunday, January 24, 2010

Valentine Wreath

A couple of weeks ago I was surfing through the blogging community and found a really great Valentines Wreath along with the how to instructions at http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2009/01/just-little-more-than-month-until.html.  It is really easy so if you want to make one for yourself pop on over to Little Birdie Secrets for the how to because I am just going to show you the items I used not the step by step.










First off I would like to tell you this was a very inexpensive craft to put together.  The styrofoam  wreath (Hobby Lobby) and the one yard of fabric (Walmart) was a total cost of about $4.00.  Everything else I used were things I had in my craft stash.


    















This is what it looks like when you are finished following the instructions from Little Birdie Secrets blog.  But as my husbands always says I can never leave well enough along.  So next I drug out some very wide white lace and cut off a yard or so and tea dyed it.










Then I made some tags..














And preceded to pull it altogether like this....

The finished project.

A close up of the tags after they were attached.
I am going to link up to Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Nite Special even though it is Sunday evening because Donna gives you the whole weekend to join in on the party.  So go on over to Funky Junk Interiors and check out all the other neat things that everyone else is entering into the fun with!


        http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/2010/01/followers-event-draw-6-old-post-road.html
Also linking up to:










Thanks for stopping in!  I hope everyone had a great weekend!



8 comments:

Kristi Flanagan said...

I like your addition to the wreath - cool!!!

Kristi
Punkin Seed Productions

Maggie said...

I love what you did to make it your own, I made a similar wreath a couple of weeks ago and just FINALLY got around to putting it on the front door. I couldn't stop looking at it and wanted it in my family room.

I imagine you'll do the same with yours...

René said...

Very pretty. Great job!

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

This is so neat and I love your tags. I might just have to make one for my Mom who loves to have a wreath on the door.

Lynn

Hoosier Homemade said...

That's adorable! Love how you added the cute tags!
I hope you will link these up to my Valentine Party on Feb. 1st.
Thanks for sharing!
~Liz

Jen @ Just for Rachel said...

That's really cute with the extra touches up at the top! I originally put a bow at the top of mine, but took it off, I obviously just needed something smaller. :)

Jen

So Sunny Day said...

Love all the details :)

~Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Jenny said...

Oh my. I love, love, love this! A woman after my own heart... this is just super neat...and it makes so personal and cool! Thanks for sharing this link!