Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Vacation Day Two Part Two

After visiting the lighthouse we made our way down the west coast of the peninsula toward Sleeping Bear Dunes.  Our destination was the Pierce Stoking Scenic Drive.  If you have not taken it, you should, there are some great scenic points along the way where you can get out of your car and take some awesome pictures.  I wish I had a camera that would give you a better view but I seem to have trouble working my point and shoot so I am sure anything better would be a waste of money for me. 
The trail is 7.4 miles and was developed by lumberman Pierce Stocking. 
Covered bridge has a higher roof then the original for vehicle clearance and the sides have been rebuilt because the original was largely consumed by porcupines.  Just thought I would throw that little tidbit in.
View of Glen Lake
Dune Overlook
The above picture and the next two are at the Lake Michigan overlook.
It is quite a climb to get back up to the overview if you decide to go down the bluff to the shore.  The park really does not want anyone to climb this bluff because it is eroding about a foot per year.  Does not look like a lot of the visitors read their brochure.
Overlook of North Bar Lake.

And, the main reason for the trip was to spend some quality time with this man, my hubs.  Again not the best picture but there he is.

I hope you enjoyed the picture tour of our vacation.  We had a great time and we both agreed we would return to this area again.  Blessings!


No comments: