Saturday, June 2, 2012

Book Report

I have finished my forth book for the What's in the Name reading challenge at Beth Fish Reads.
This book, Moon Spinners is the third book in the Seaside Knitters Mystery series by Sally Goldenbaum and it fits under the category of a book with something you'd see in the sky in the title.
I am really enjoying these books.  The author "spins" the plot together in a way that keeps me guessing most of the way through the book of whom the murderer is.  Hubs is always telling me no guessing out loud "who done it" when we watch murder/mystery movies because I am really pretty good at sleuthing.  I always enjoy a writer that can throw me off somewhere in the middle of the book, making me think I have the answer and sending me down the wrong alley. I also always enjoy books that the story takes place in an area by the sea.  I think it must be my dream of living close to the seashore. You will love the characters, they are good friends that meet on Nell and Ben's deck each week for a evening of food and drink and of coarse the need to put their heads together to figure out who has once again upset the small town's peace and happiness.  And there is also Izzy's yarn shop where the women get together and knit wonderful creations and mysteries together.  One of the characters in the book, Cass, is knitting a fish hat which you can find here if you are a knitter at Knitty.com.  And you can visit Sally Goldenbaum at sallygoldenbaum.com where you can find titles of her books, recipes and knitting patterns that she shares.

Only two more of six books to read in the challenge.  A book with a type of house in the title and a book with something you'd find on a calendar in the title.  The hunt is on!

3 comments:

Allie said...

Oh these books sound really good, I'm going to try to find them at my library, thanks! Murder mysteries are my fave, and yes, anything by the sea is wonderful. I just finished a book called Ten Beach Road, by Wendy Wax that was really good.

Bee Lady said...

I am so excited to start reading this series. I checked our library's website and they carry the series. I love books like this. Fun, easy reading. Have you read Debbie Macombers Blossom Street series? There's also one like the one you're reading by Maggie Sefton. I read every night before falling asleep. Thanks for the new series!

Cindy Bee

PS - Next year I wanna do this reading challenge you are doing.

pinsandneedles said...

I just finished my 6th book in the challenge. I think I'll add this series to my list of books to read. Thanks for the review.