Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WIP Wednesday

As always I have a few works in progress but this week I have been doing some hand stitching. I finally started the the Penny Rug SAL over at The House on the Side of the Hill.
I was not able to find a larger piece of wool blend felt for the the base of the penny rug in the color I wanted so I bought white and dyed it.
I expected the fabric to shrink so I bought extra but I was still a little short when I squared it up.  But I think I will be able to get everything on by just spacing a little less along the long sides.  Here is part of month one I believe Melody just posted month five a week ago, so I have some catching up to do.
I am trying to decide whether to give the door a french knot door handle or find a small button.  What do you think?
I have also just started May's block for the Raspberry Rabbit QAL.

I am hoping to have the stitching done on this block and ready for the applique by the weekend.

Linking up with:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Wishing you blessings from our home in the woods.  Have a great evening!

4 comments:

mrs. c said...

I would make a french knot doorknob. You do such great work, thank you for posting your lovely handwork. I have been out of school since last Wednesday and hubby and I have been going junking .....big time!! Hope you have a Terrific Thursday!

Melody said...

Hi Brenda, thank you so much for choosing to sew my BOM. Your house is very beautiful. I'm sewing Michelle's BOM too -it's wonderful.

Holly said...

Oh my goodness, is this ever cute! I say a button, but I love buttons!

Thanks for the email the other day...hoping you get something out of your garden<3 My strawberry plants were all pretty bad last year so I tilled them up and haven't replaced them. I'll have to go picking this year!

Headed off to the Farm Chicks show on Friday...so excited! Hoping to find something GRAND!!

Jenny said...

That house is soooo cool. I love the embroidered vines.