Thursday, September 3, 2009

Paper Pieced Tag

Jeff and I always pick up pretty rocks when we go on vacation to use in the stepping stones we make. There are always a handful or more that we just keep aside to remember our trips. I usually put them in a jar and the grand kids almost always play with them and mix them all together so we really don't know where they came from. So this year I decided I would start labeling where we picked them up and the year. Since Scrappy Frogs Challenge is to paper piece something, I decided to work that into the tag I was making to tie around this years jar. I used my new QuickKutz Epic Six to cut the tags with Spellbinder Dies. This is my first die cutting tool so I am just learning how to use it. I used a paper piecing pattern I found on the Internet, but I had to reduce the size quite a lot for it to fit on the tag. All the paper was just out of my scrap stash.




No comments: