Thursday, June 18, 2009

What we found while mulching around our Hollies.

Jeff and I were out working in the yard the other day. And we were moving quickly because we have so much to get done, that we did not realize that one of the hollies that we were cleaning around, mulching and getting ready to prune had a tiny little birds nest in it. The mother flew out which took us by surprise but still not thinking that there was a nest in it. The tree overhead was shedding all those long seedy things that stick to everything and I was trying to brush handfuls out while we were cleaning up around the shrub and low and behold I found the nest. We decided we needed to quit working there until they move on. But I just had to run and get my camera before the mother came back. I've been wanting to go take a peek and another picture but I think I'll wait a couple more days. Below is the picture that I took.

No comments: