Friday, May 2, 2014

Growing

It was time to add some hens back into my flock this year.  We are down to six from our original flock of twelve.  
These are the chicks the day I picked them up from the post office, I believe from the day they shipped to the day we received them it makes them three days old in this picture.  They are Barred Rock, Black Star, Delaware and White Wyandottes.  
 
Hubs built this stand that slides under the container they are in at this time to hang the heat lamp on.  

It has a number of heights that I was able to move it to control the heat.  As you can see from the curtains in the background I kept them in the house the first week because the temperatures took such a dip when they shipped.

A week old.

Week two.

Today, almost three weeks old.



I got a new computer a couple of weeks ago and it has taken me that long to figure out how to import my pictures and find an app that I liked to edit them in.  So I think I can truthfully say that I will be blogging a lot more often.  I hope to catch up with everyone soon!  I hope you are all having a wonderful spring!  Blessings from our home in the woods.

Brenda
Linking up with:
circa 2011 The ORIGINAL Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop

8 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Cute chicks!

Cath said...

Wow, they really do grow fast, don't they?
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

magnoliasntea said...

Love the chicks! I miss having black stars. Yours look great. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

~~~jennifer~~~ said...

Aaaw, chicks are so cute & so much fun!

Sandra said...

Chicks are always so much fun!

Vintage Gal said...

Love little chicks. They are so fun ;-)

Barb said...

We love our chickens and they so so grow really fast.

Bee Lady said...

Well good for you for figuring out the apps on your new computer! Your chicks are so cute. I hear we might get into the 80's for a couple of days this week. About time huh?

Cindy Bee