Monday, July 1, 2013

Oahu Day 9 and Day 10

Continuing on with our Hawaiian vacation day 9.  My best friend, her dad and myself flew to Oahu on the 9th day of our vacation.  We had to get up at 4:30 AM to get to the airport on time.  Our one goal for the day was the Pearl Harbor Historical Sites and the USS Arizona Memorial.  I am sure everyone knows their Pearl Harbor history so I am just going to give you some pictures and not much chatter.

USS Arizona Memorial





Part of the USS Arizona that sticks out of the water.


 My best friend and her father.


 We drove to the Punchbowl Cemetery after leaving Pearl Harbor. "National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific" which is the final resting place for thousands of  American Veterans.



Below is the city of Honolulu where we had lunch and went to the International Market.


We next took a drive to the North Shore area to see some sites while waiting for the time our flight would leave to take us back to the Big Island.

We were told we needed to have shaved ice while at the North Shore.

We took a lot of pretty pictures of the Wai'anae Mountain Range.

Day 10 my best friend took her first diving lessons and did her first off shore dive.




 I do not know how to swim so this was not for me.  But I was so happy to go along and enjoy my friends excitement getting to do something she really wanted to do on this trip.

One more day on the the Big Island and one more post.

Blessings from our home in the woods!

Brenda

2 comments:

Bee Lady said...

Just caught up with your pics. I wondered if you went to the USS Arizona Memorial. I remember when I went there and I took the same picture...the names of the people who passed away. My Mom took that picture to work with her because she worked with someone who wanted to see her Father's name. Sooooo sad.

You shoulda got in the water...those wet suits are pretty bouyant. How do you spell that????

Cindy Bee

Jenny said...

Gosh! You have an adventurous BF!

She looks like so much fun!

I'd love to go to that memorial sometime.