Saturday, May 4, 2013

Friday Night with Friends Results

I spent yesterday evening cutting pieces for two more Farmers Wife blocks.  I did not get them pieced last night but I did finish them up this morning.

Block #1 Attic Windows:  I really liked how easily and quickly this block went together.  I would like to make a few of these into a table topper.
I decided to make a second block again this week.  This one is block # 31 Evening Star.  The piecing is getting easier for me now that I have made 10 of the blocks.

Has anyone joined in with Red Brolly's Girls Own Stitching Club?  


I have made a dent in the first sampler that came out the end of April.
All the pieces will go together in a quilt and it is garden themed.  You might want to join in if you haven't!

Just want to share a picture that is not stitching related.  Our weather has taken a turn for the best and we are now enjoying our spring!  All of the rain has the ponds over the banks this spring.  I tried to take a picture of the Mallards that come in every morning for a swim without scaring them off.  Hopefully you can find the Mr. Mallard that I finally caught in my lens.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Brenda

12 comments:

Lots of Fabric 2 said...

I love what you have done with the farmer wife block love the colors. Have a wonderful weekend see you next month jinnie

Josie said...

I found the mallard!! Do I win a prize ;o) Just kidding. Lovely blocks and really pretty stitchery you're working on. Glad to know that spring has finally arrived somewhere.

Shirley Cryan said...

The blocks so pretty.

Melody said...

Fabulous stitching - I'm going to stitch this Red Brolly project too.

Fiona said...

love your farmers wife blocks and your stitchery... I did see the Mallard... it is a lovely photo... so peaceful...
Hugz

shez said...

lovely blocks,i am now your newset follower,i love your blog i will be back later for another inspirational visit,have a good day.xx

Val Spiers said...

I just love the star block. I never would have tried such slightly different fabrics. I will have to try a star like this. I like the Red Brolly stitcheries but think I really have to stop adding things to my "make' list. I had to enlarge the photo before I spotted the mallard. He really is handsome though.

pattas said...

Lovely Blog full of beautiful quilting.. You achieved a lot on Friday Night :))

Scrapatches said...

The pond and Mr Mallard look serene. Lovely blocks, Brenda. The Red Brolly stitching looks wonderful, too. I love to look, but have not tried any of these beautiful patterns yet. I have so many projects in the works right now, I best just enjoy the eye candy. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

Anthea said...

Hi Brenda:) Wow, these blocks are lovely, & the fabrics are so pretty. What skill to be able to piece so neatly x

Anthea said...

Oh Oh Oh I just spotted the duck!

Jenny said...

You are a master of blending fabrics!

I had a job at a quilt shop once. My 'duties' there were to help match and coordinate fabrics for customers!

I loved it.


Until I found out on the second day I was allergic to such mass quantities of sizing.

Rats.