Saturday, April 16, 2011

Friday Night Sew-in Results

I started out with a lot of energy last night for the Friday Night Sew-In.  When I pressed the fabric I was going to use I continued pressing quite a few more pieces so it would be ready for upcoming projects.  I just bought a new iron a couple of weeks ago and it made the work of ironing all the fabrics so much easier.  I did manage to get gunk on it yesterday from a fabric panel that had some sort of sticky print on the salvage and was really irritated about that.  But here is a tip for you.  I got up this morning and remembered I bought an off brand of those magic sponges that take marks of the walls ect.  So I just wet the end a little bit and rubbed the bottom of my cold iron and wallah, no more gunk and a happy dance.

Back to the Sew-In.  I ran out of steam around 10:30 P.M.  I managed to get the pieces cut out for the bag and the fusible fleece attached.  I also marked the pleats and the darts for the outside and the lining.  That is all though because I decided I was too tired to sew and I did not want to make any mistakes which I have the tendency to do when I get tired.  Here is where I left off.
We have our granddaughters birthday party this afternoon and I helped to make cupcakes for it this morning so I am not going to have anything more to show you today.  I should be able to finish the bag tomorrow afternoon so hopefully I can post the finish tomorrow night or Monday.  Enjoy your weekend!  Blessings!

Handmade by Heidi

5 comments:

Camille said...

Looks like you have been busy.
Hope you enjoyed your granddaughter's b'day party. That's always such fun.
Have a blessed weekend ~

Marg said...

Ironing fabric counts towards the end project, and extra points for ironing pieces for upcoming projects. You still achieved a lot during the evening. The fabrics for the bag look lovely.
Thanks for the tip for cleaning the iron.

Impera Magna said...

Thanks for the tip about cleaning the bottom of an iron... there's something on mine I want to get off...

Anonymous said...

Brenda,i am looking forward to seeing it finished,great fabric choices

Bee Lady said...

Sigh..I would be the same way...getting tired and making mistakes at 10:30...and I remember the days of staying up until 3:00 in the morning! Now I wake up at 3:00 a.m. mad that I can't get back to sleep....The bag is going to be fun to carry.

Cindy Bee