Sunday, April 5, 2009

Thrifting

Yesterday I went into town to meet my Mom-in-law, Bette at a local antique shop for a little fun. Did our browsing and taking of pictures there of things we liked and went on to a friends shop a couple minutes away to shop and have coffee and visit with her. I bought a few things at the Stone Cottage in Howard City, as you can see in the picture below. I love cute shelves and can hardly resist picking them up when I find one. The yellow vase is tall and I'm hoping to get some tall fresh stems of something to put in it for Easter Sunday. I put the little swan dish on my bathroom counter top and put q-tips in it. As you can see in the rest of the pictures I pulled the pin cushion apart and put clean fabric on it. I think it came out really nice. The pink shelf I have it sitting on I also got from Stone Cottage. The owner Corky, who is sweet and generous gave that one to me last summer. Found a hutch/china cabinet at the first antique shop we went to and decided to buy it today. Jeff is going to have someone help him move it later in the week and after I put some new paint on it and fill it up I'll post a picture. All in all it was a relaxing day. Now I'm off to make dinner for Jeff.

No comments: