Thursday, March 31, 2016

Finish Along

I managed to finish one more project for this quarters Finish Along from the original link up list here.  I was about 1/2 through this afghan when I added it to the list.  I have wanted to crochet one of the stripy afghans using different stitches for a while so I started using the extra yarn that I had left from my daughters afghan and some of the colors that I thought I would use in the Sophie but did not.  This pattern is called Spice of Life and was another CAL.  You can still get the pattern at Cherry Heart here.

The before picture from the first of the year.

The finish!

I am short, the above picture was taken standing on a chair. 
Close up of the edging I finished it with.

I was happy using up some of the extra yarn I had and the colors work well in one of our guest rooms.  I have used Willow Wash yarn for these last two afghans and really like the colors and softness of the yarn.  It works up really well.

Out of the list of 4 projects I wanted to finish this quarter, I finished 3.  I did get the quilt top put together but did not get it backed and quilted.  So I will add that to the next quarters list.
2016 Finish-A-Long

Thanks for stopping by!  Blessings from our home in the woods.

Brenda

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Brenda, your blanket is beautiful, good for you for finishing it! Please add a link to your Q1 to be finished list (it is here: http://brtowsleyblogs.blogspot.ca/2016/01/2016-finish-long.html) to your post. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.