Friday, March 28, 2014

Where Is Spring?

That is right where is spring?  The ground surrounding us is still mostly covered with snow but the spring clock in my head keeps telling me I need to get started.  I need to start buying seed for our garden and  picking out some chicks to order from the Hatchery.  I want to dig in the dirt and hold baby chicks!  

I've had a lot of time to crochet and sew, and I expect I will be wishing I had some of that time back once the canning and weeding are in full force.  The last thing I shared here were crocheted blocks so this time around I will share all the quilt blocks I have worked on since the first of the year.  I am very happy with the progress I have made on my Farmers Wife quilt although I have not even hit a quarter the squares I need for a queen size bed.
# 109 Windows
#93 Swallow

# 98 Waterwheel
#75 Rosebud

#17 Cats & Mice
#11 Broken Dishes

#29 Economy
The next two blocks are from the Aurifil Block of the month.  These are free patterns that are posted each month on the Aurifil site here.




Sewing is what has been keeping me busy through my spring fever. We are expecting a break in the weather over the next couple of days but I may need a canoe to float down the drive to the road. 

Wishing you a blessed weekend from our home in the woods!

Brenda

Linking up with:

2 comments:

Holly said...

Spring is coming!!!! Don't give up! It's been delayed here too, but the sun is shining today and I think I will be mowing later this afternoon. Not sure if I want to start the job that never seems to end!

Your blocks are beautiful!

Bee Lady said...

I hear ya....seems like it's been the longest winter EVER! On another note, that quilt is going to be gorgeous!!!

Cindy Bee