Wednesday, August 15, 2012

WIP Wendnesday

Work In Progress for those who do not know what WIP stands for.  I have many.  But I will just give you two this week.

I finished the July block for the Raspberry Rabbits QAL.


July Block (Pink dot is my ironing board cover)



Yesterday evening I finally decided what I wanted to cut my 30's fabric up for.
I have been mulling it over in my mind for a while and decided "just start already".


I have been watching all the pretty Great Granny Squares for weeks now and I just could not resist any longer.  I really need a design wall, but since I do not have one I tacked the largest piece of flannel I had along the top of one of my cabinets in my studio and I have cut out the start of the first two blocks.


I am pretty happy with the layout. I think I need to make some of the design boards that Lori at Bee In My Bonnet has a tutorial for here.  It would be so much easier to move all these little squares from my cutting table over to the sewing machine with.   I need to finish a project that I am working on for a gift and then I plan on sitting down and sewing these first two.  I still need to cut the background strips for these blocks.

I have been enjoying my sewing time these last two weeks.  The canning has slowed down a bit until tomatoes start ripening more quickly.  Check out everyone else's WIP over at Freshly Pieced and get inspired!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Hope you are all having a great week!  Blessings from our home in the woods.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Your block is beautiful! And I love what you're doing with the 30's prints. Lori's ambition makes me want to take a nap!!!! You obviously have a lot too!!!
I did work on a little fall stitchery yesterday and it was wonderful to spend a little time creating!
The heat has hit...95+ today and still 82 at 8:30...yuk! I so don't like heat! I know it's nothing compared to what you had, but still...yuk!
Getting lots of zucchini, summer squash and peas. Onions need to be pulled and dried, the pumpkins are taking over the entire garden and I'm still waiting for beans and corn. Weird year this has been!
Enjoy your projects!

mrs. c said...

Lovely work as usual~ I am always so impressed with your sewing skills and I bet the new machine is terrific! It looks like a terrific birthday party and those photos are so cute. I had my first week of phase-in and have not been on the computer much this week. I hope that you have a terrific weekend!

mrs. c said...

Lovely work as usual~ I am always so impressed with your sewing skills and I bet the new machine is terrific! It looks like a terrific birthday party and those photos are so cute. I had my first week of phase-in and have not been on the computer much this week. I hope that you have a terrific weekend!

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Such sweet blocks!! Love the doggy in the middle of the last one, so cute!!